Take a Stand for People Living With Asthma and Allergies in May
The Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America invites you to get involved in May 2019 for Asthma and Allergy Awareness Month!
Here are things you can do this month to honor people with asthma and allergies:
- Join our online asthma community to:
- Follow our blog for the latest news on asthma and allergy research and treatments.
- Meet and get support from others who manage asthma and allergic disease.
- Get involved in research. Opt-in to get matched to clinical trials and other research opportunities.
- Make a pact to A.C.T. for Asthma or Allergy
“A” - have an action plan for asthma or anaphylaxis.
“C” - carry important medications and wear a medical ID to alert others of your condition.
“T” - establish treatment plans, both for every day and emergencies.
- Join one of our awareness events – there are many virtual events happening the entire month of May. Keep checking as we are adding more events throughout the month!
- Share our images on social media. Update your profile picture or cover image and share awareness messages.
- Join our award-winning food allergy online community.
- Share your story with us to raise asthma and allergy awareness. What do you want others to know about living with asthma and allergies on a daily basis?
- Tell parents, schools and health care providers about our educational programs. We have training materials for asthma and allergies.
- Donate to AAFA's COVID-19 Relief Fund on behalf of someone you love with asthma or allergies.
- Get support for yourself or a loved one. Connect with a support group or reach out to one of our local chapters.
- Host your own virtual event to raise awareness about living with asthma and allergies.