May Asthma and Allergy Awareness Events
Connect with the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America in May – online or in person! AAFA participates in the following events and educates the public with the best asthma and allergy information available. You are not alone in the battle against asthma and allergies – so share our awareness messages or come to an event! Be sure to follow us for Asthma and Allergy Awareness on our blog, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube!
- April 7-13 World Allergy Week
- April 29-May 3 Air Quality Awareness Week
- May 1-31 Asthma and Allergy Awareness Month - Asthma and allergic diseases impact over 60 million people in the U.S. They affect physical, emotional, social and financial health. This year, our focus is on raising awareness about how asthma and allergies are more than just a physical condition and they impact every aspect of life. Together, we can work to overcome the challenges and burdens of asthma and allergies – in ways both big and small.
- May 4 FPIES Awareness Day
- May 7 World Asthma Day
- May 7 New Asthma Capitals released
- May 7, 2:30 pm ET - #asthmahealth Twitter Chat co-hosted by @AAFANational and @AAAAI_org
- May 12-18 Food Allergy Awareness Week
- May 15, 12 pm ET - #foodallergy101 Twitter Chat co-hosted by @AAFANational and @AAAAI_org
- May 19-25 Eosinophil Awareness Week
- May 20, 1 pm ET - Webinar: Air quality, Asthma, and the EPA Air Quality Flag Program - this webinar will discuss the impact of air quality on childhood asthma and ways to reduce risks during Asthma Awareness month. Information will also be provided about the EPA Air Quality Flag program that can help to reduce exposures to air pollution. Hosted by Alliance of Nurses for Healthy Environments - register here.