May 2021 Asthma and Allergy Awareness Events
The Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America declares May to be National Asthma and Allergy Awareness Month. Join us this year for 31 Days of Action. Be sure to follow us for asthma and allergy awareness on our blog, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube!
- May 1-31: National Asthma and Allergy Awareness Month
- May 3-7: Air Quality Awareness Week– the EPA, CDC, NOAA National Weather Service, and U.S. Forest Service will focus on topics such as wildfires and smoke, asthma, citizen science, environmental justice, and air quality.
- May 3, 12 p.m. ET: AAFA and AAAAI co-host #asthmahealth Twitter chat.
- May 5: World Asthma Day. AAFA releases 2021 Asthma Capitals report.
- May 9-15: Food Allergy Awareness Week (FAAW) – Nearly 6 million children and over 26 million adults in the U.S. have food allergies.
- May 11, 7 p.m. ET: #foodallergy101 Twitter chat co-hosted by @kfatweets and @AAAAI_org
- May 13, 1:30 p.m. ET: Webinar on Food Allergies in Infants: What You Need to Know About Prevention and Treatment with Dr. Michael Pistiner. Registration coming soon!
- May 14: Live cooking demo on Instagram for allergy-friendly recipes.
- May 15: Support AAFA’s Chapters with a fun family day:
- 2-3 p.m. ET: Virtual concert with food allergy entertainer, Kyle Dine, joined by the Massachusetts General Hospital for Children Food Allergy Buddies program. Register here.
- 8 p.m. ET/7 p.m. CT: Trivia Night with AAFA St. Louis! Register here.
- May 16-22: Eosinophil Awareness Week– Learn more about eosinophilic esophagitis (EoE) or eosinophilic asthma.
- May 20, 7 p.m. ET: Hosted by AAFA New England via Zoom: Evaluation and management of difficult to control eczema with Dr. Jordan Scott. Register here.
- May 25, Webinar on the new asthma guidelines. Registration coming soon!
- May 28: Remembrance Day to honor the memories of people lost to asthma or allergy.
- May 29: Plant a tree. Visit your local nursery or look for local tree planting events in your area.