Print Page
Contact Your State or Local Representative

Another option is to contact your state and local representative in Congress (legislator).  Send your legislator a copy of your insurance company’s denial letter along with your appeal submission -- make sure to include ALL paperwork to support your request and to demonstrate how important it is to you to have this procedure and how much work you have put into this.  Ask them for any assistance they would be willing to provide.  In some cases, this has been helpful. 

To contact your representative, go to AAFA’s Action Center and enter your zip code or home address to get your congressional representatives contact information: 


© Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America
www.aafa.org 1-800-7-ASTHMA