Take a Stand for People Living With Asthma and Allergies in May
The Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America invites you to get involved in May 2016 for Asthma and Allergy Awareness Month!
Here are 13 different things you can do this month to honor people with asthma and allergies:
- Learn to #TackleAsthma with Rashad Jennings of the NY Giants, who teaches kids how to exercise safely with asthma. Hear his inspiring story, meet our kids and find educational resources at www.tackleasthma.org.
- Join one of our awareness events – there are local and national events happening the entire month of May!
- Share our images on social media.
- Join our new asthma community or our award-winning food allergy community.
- Share your story with us: Tell the world what it is like to live with asthma and allergies on a daily basis. Check out our new page that tells you how.
- Tell parents, schools and health care providers about our educational programs. We have training materials for asthma and allergies.
- Join our Advocacy Network! Make a difference on behalf of people with asthma and allergies.
- Donate on behalf of someone you love with asthma or allergies.
- Get support for yourself or a loved one. Connect with a support group or reach out to one of our local chapters: Alaska, Maryland-D.C., New England, Michigan, St. Louis.
- Meet us in St. Louis May 22: Our signature event, Strides for Safe Kids, benefits AAFA as well as AAFA St. Louis, one of our five chapters. Did you know asthma is the #1 reason why children are hospitalized in Missouri?
- Follow our blog to stay current with asthma and allergy news.
- Consider hosting your own event on behalf of AAFA! We can show you how!
- Are you interested in research? Consider getting involved in an exciting new AAFA program that puts patients in control of how research is used. Stay tuned for more details!