May 2016 Asthma and Allergy Awareness Events
Connect with the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America in May – online or in person! AAFA participates in the following events and educates the public with the best asthma and allergy information available. You are not alone in the battle against asthma and allergies – so share our awareness messages or come to an event! Be sure to follow us for Asthma and Allergy Awareness on our blog, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube!
- May 1-31 – Join AAFA and New York Giants’ Rashad Jennings as we #TackleAsthma. Share our PSA videos, download our Tackle Asthma Playbook, and add your photo to our Tackle Asthma album and you could win a signed football from Jennings.
- May 2-6 – Learn about Air Quality Awareness Week and what you need to know before you step outside
- May 3 – It’s World Asthma Day – What do you know about the effects of asthma around the world?
- May 4 – National FPIES Awareness Day – We honor those with food protein-induced enterocolitis syndrome
- May 5 - Join us for a Twitter Chat at 1 pm EDT for #TackleAsthma
- May 8-14 - Food Allergy Awareness Week (FAAW) – One in thirteen U.S. children has a food allergy. Add their photo to our annual Faces of Food Allergies photo-sharing event this week for a chance to win a prize package from Enjoy Life Foods®
- May 8-14 - Check to see if your local building or landmark will #TurnItTeal for food allergies!
- May 14 – Join AAFA/KFA at the Philadelphia Phillies game for Teva Respiratory Night, 7:05 pm and stay tuned for how you can win tickets!
- May 15 - 21 - National Eosinophil Awareness Week – Learn more about this type of food allergy at www.kidswithfoodallergies.org
- May 18 - Join us for a Twitter chat at 1 pm EDT for #Ready4Asthma
- May 20 – It’s Food Allergy Awareness Night at the Pittsburgh Pirates game with Mylan, 7:05 pm.
- May 22 – Join us for our Strides for Safe Kids St. Louis food allergy and asthma walk and expo
Catch us on television in May, sharing tips about nasal and seasonal allergies as well as food allergies:
- May 5 (rebroadcast May 12) - The Balancing Act on Lifetime®, 7:30 am ET/PT, nasal/seasonal allergies
- May 11 (rebroadcast May 18) - Access Health® on Lifetime®, 7:30 am ET/PT, food allergies
- May 19 (rebroadcast May 26) - The Balancing Act on Lifetime®, 7:30 am ET/PT, food allergies – triggers and symptoms
- May 25 (rebroadcast June 1) - Access Health® on Lifetime®, 7:30 am ET/PT, nasal/seasonal allergies