Interactive curriculum to help improve asthma care from the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America (AAFA)
The ASTHMA Care for Adults program helps adults learn proper asthma management. It is available in two formats:
- A printed facilitated course that can be done one-on-one or in group settings by nurses, respiratory therapists, certified asthma educators, community health workers and other home educators
- A pre-recorded, self-paced online course for individual patients and caregivers presented in different formats (videos, handouts, animations and more)
For more information, call 1-800-7-ASTHMA (1-800-727-8462) or contact us online.
The ASTHMA Care for Adults program includes:
- Seven lessons on key topics about asthma management
- Relevant handouts for participants to help them continue proper asthma management on their own
- A resource list for participants to refer to during and after training
- Content in plain language for easy reading
This publication was produced by the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America with support provided under a cooperative agreement (1 UE1 EH001308) with the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Environmental Health, Atlanta, Georgia. Its contents are solely the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official views of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.