Explore Asthma and Allergy Research
AAFA is the only patient organization to fund research grants for both asthma and allergic diseases. Our research goals:
- Enhance the understanding of asthma and allergic diseases
- Develop improved treatments to manage these diseases
- Help search for cures
- Support advanced training in allergy and immunology
- Better understand patient awareness
- Find out how behaviors relate to asthma and allergy prevention and treatment
Patients play a bigger and more critical role in research now. AAFA is building a system to engage patients in the research process. Patients will have a stronger voice in research. In 2016, we are launched a food allergy registry. It will enable us to organize and amplify the voices of the 15 million Americans struggling with food allergies.
The Registry gives families an important role and a stronger voice in the research that can lead to improved treatments and, ultimately, a cure. This registry is designed to collect data to guide research and help make life better for everyone living with food allergies.
To help fuel food allergy research, simply:
- Register online (your child and/or yourself)
- Enter some basic information
- Complete a confidential, no-cost Food Allergy History & Diagnosis Survey
Clinical trials collect data about the safety and efficacy of new drug and device development. There are several steps and stages of approval in the clinical trials process.