Explore Asthma and Allergy Research
AAFA is the only patient organization to fund research grants for both asthma and allergic diseases. Our research goals:
- Enhance the understanding of asthma and allergic diseases
- Develop improved treatments to manage these diseases
- Help search for cures
- Support advanced training in allergy and immunology
- Better understand patient awareness
- Find out how behaviors relate to asthma and allergy prevention and treatment
Patients play a bigger and more critical role in research now. AAFA is building a system to engage patients in the research process. Patients will have a stronger voice in research. In 2016, we are launching a food allergy registry. It will enable us to organize and amplify the voices of the 15 million Americans struggling with food allergies.
Clinical trials collect data about the safety and efficacy of new drug and device development. There are several steps and stages of approval in the clinical trials process.