AAFA Michigan Chapter
The AAFA Michigan Chapter serves all Michigan residents affected by asthma and allergies. We serve patients of all ages. Also, we provide resources for healthcare professionals, caregivers and childcare providers. We work with our communities to make them better for those with allergies and asthma.
In Michigan, almost a million people have asthma. More than 200,000 of these are children. Many miss school and work and visit the emergency room because of the disease. We want to help those affected manage their asthma and allergies.
What Programs Does the Chapter Provide?
Here are just a few programs we offer:
- Certified asthma educator on staff
- CEU trainings for Nurses, Respiratory Therapists, and Medical staff
- Asthma and allergy care training for all ages
- Asthma and allergy education for childcare providers
- Public and workplace workshops
- Consulting and collaboration for any asthma & allergy issues
What Publications Does the Chapter Offer?
Our site offers links to news and quick reference tools. These include food allergy information, asthma guidelines and more.
How Do I Contact the Chapter?
Kathleen Felice Slonager, RN, AE-C, Executive Director
Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America – Michigan Chapter
26111 West 14 Mile, Suite LL1
Franklin, MI 48025
Phone: (248) 406-4254
Toll-Free: (888) 444-0333